SRES - Seniors Real Estate Specialist
Since 2007, Seniors Real Estate Specialists® (SRES®) have been helping maturing Americans with their needs. As a part of the National Association of REALTORS® family of designations, the SRES® designation is conferred to REALTORS® who complete in-depth training in a wide variety of topics related to homebuyers and sellers over the age of 50, including:
- Senior housing options—from active adult communities to aging in place
- Reverse mortgages
- Downsizing and rightsizing
- Using pensions, 401(k) accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions
The mission of the SRES® Council is to promote member success by providing high quality training and tools necessary to position the SRES® designee as the trusted real estate resource for the senior market.
Our vision is to create a community of REALTORS® and related professionals dedicated to serving the real estate needs of senior consumers.
Why work with an SRES®?
SRES® designees have unparalleled training and experience in seniors real estate, including:
- Helping you manage the financial and emotional challenges of selling a long-held family home
- Creating a customized plan to market and sell your property
- Understanding your unique needs and creating a customized plan to ensure your home meets those needs now and in the future
- Utilizing specialized knowledge in reverse mortgages, 401(k) accounts, and IRAs for your real estate transaction
- Connecting you with their vast network of movers, attorneys, home inspectors, and other experts to help you through the process
ABR - Accredited Buyer's Representative
The Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation is the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation. This coveted designation demonstrates to peers and consumers my commitment to providing outstanding service for real estate buyers.
The Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation is designed for real estate buyer's agents who focus on working directly with buyer-clients. When I earned the ABR®, I gained:
- Valuable real estate education that elevates my skills and knowledge in the eyes of homebuyers.
- Ongoing specialized information, programs and updates that help me stay on top of the issues and trends in successfully representing homebuyers.
- Access to Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC) members-only marketing tools and resources, which provide an additional competitive edge.
SFR - Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource
The National Association of REALTORS® Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource certification, or SFR®, gives the framework for understanding how to:
- Direct distressed sellers to finance, tax, and legal professionals
- Qualify sellers for short sales
- Develop a short sale package
- Negotiate with lenders
- Tap into buyer demand
- Limit risk
- Protect buyers
As many agents can attest, the ability to close short sales and foreclosures depends in part on the confidence to see these transactions through. Earning the SFR® certification has given me that edge!
ePRO - Certified Internet Professional
Earning the e-PRO® certification shows homebuyers and sellers that I am skilled in the advanced technologies and strategies that are set up for success.
95% of consumers use the internet and other digital tools to search for homes and real estate agents. With the e-PRO® certification, I’ve increase my ability to reach customers, expand my capabilities, and I’ve built trust with my clients by safeguarding their personal information.
REALTORS® with the e-PRO® certification gain exclusive access to the latest social media strategies, a nationwide network of real estate professionals, customizable marketing materials, and more.
e-PRO® gives you the most up-to-date real estate technology training available to REALTORS®.
REALTORS® with the e-PRO® certification know how to put technology to work for you.
Real estate technology is constantly evolving, and it takes the power of a knowledgeable professional to harness it. Whether you're looking to market your property or find your new home, an e-PRO® is uniquely qualified to help you.
By working with an e-PRO®, you benefit from someone who has:
- Advanced training in the latest technology that makes the home buying and selling process easier for you.
- A comprehensive understanding of the ways marketing strategies and social networking can help you to a more successful transaction.
- Achieved excellence in adopting, implementing, and promoting best practices across all forms of technology.
- Access to ongoing education that allows them to stay up to date with the latest trends and techniques.
- The knowledge and ability to safeguard your private information.